Dated: August 18, 2018
CREPA and its directors only collect information necessary to effectively carry out the mission of the Association and to provide professional and competent services to the members. This Personal Information Protection Policy, in compliance with PIPA.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- no personal information will be collected from an individual without first obtaining the consent of the individual to the collection, use and dissemination of that information;
- express consent (whether oral or written) will be obtained unless the information is not sensitive and where the individual can be reasonably assumed to have expected the information to be disclosed in this fashion;
- once information is collected, it will be used and disclosed only for the purposes disclosed to the individual;
- to use personal information for some new purpose that extends beyond the consent already provided requires the express consent of the person;
- misuse of personal information is considered a serious matter and will be dealt with as such.
- CREPA does not sell its members lists or personal information to other parties;
- Personal information from seminar registration is used for administration and marketing purposes;
- CREPA assumes the implicit consent of individuals in photograph taken at CREPA events to use the photographs in Association communications, website and program book. However, photographs cannot be distributed to outside organizations without the express consent of the subjects.